Custom Electric is a full service electrical contracting company, with over 250 employees; we’re looking for a full time Jr. Purchaser. This position will work directly under, including reporting to the Purchasing Manager. The role will focus on fulfilling orders, maintenance of excel cost sheets and processing supplier invoices. This is a full time position with our company offering a complete health and benefits package.
Key Responsibilities; assisting Purchase Manager in the following,
- Material acquisition, procurement and tracking of documentation for receiving material
- Knowledge of required quantity, budgetary constraints and cost codes
- Maintaining database of vendor and supplier contacts, preferred/competitive pricing options including any contract changes
- Create and maintain relationships with clients, vendors and suppliers
- To maintain an up-to-date database of materials and accurate pricing
Skills and/or qualifications we are looking for;
- Excellent verbal and written skills, strong attention to detail and organizational abilities
- Being able to work quickly whereas maintaining a high level of productivity throughout the day
- Analytical expertise including the ability to set priorities while meet tight deadlines
- Understanding of the construction/trades industry is required
- Well defined conflict resolution and people management skills would be an essential
- Represent the company in a professional and ethical manner in addition to maintain relationships with teammates
- Knowledge of software programs used for purchasing and experience in Sage would be an asset
- Strong computer skills in MS Office applications including excellent proficiency level in excel
- Completion of post-secondary program would be considered an asset
Salary range; $50,000 - $55,000
To be considered for this opportunity, we invite you to replying to this ad. Please include a cover letter and your resume in your application. Thank you to all interested applicants; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Use the Submit Resume form on the main Careers Page to apply.