Our Covid Policy
The global response to the COVID-19 pandemic has been extensive and impactful to all Canadians in virtually all aspects of our lives. At Custom Electric, we recognize and understand these impacts and value our employees’, customers’, and business partners’ relationships and safety as we move forward through the pandemic.
Custom Electric, as an essential service provider, wants to assure its customers of this commitment
- We are open and operating to ensure your service and project needs are met.
- Safety is a top priority. We have implemented a corporate wide COVID-19 response safety and procedure protocol which meets or exceeds public health guidelines and requirements in all jurisdictions within which we operate to ensure the safety of our employees, customers, and business partners in both our offices and at our job sites
- We have actively encouraged all employees to practice recommended public health practices, including:
- Promoting physical distancing of two meters between worker cohorts at all sites, both indoors and outdoors
- At our main office, those employees that can work from home are encouraged to do so.
- If anyone has flu like symptoms (cough, fever, sore throat, and sneezing), they are required to follow current AHS guidelines accordingly
- Employees are required to take the COVID-19 self-assessment test daily
- Employees are required to regularly and often clean hands with soap and water. Good workplace hygiene practice is important in controlling the spread of respiratory viruses in the workplace
- Limit and reduce the number of people in lunchrooms at one time. If necessary, stagger lunchtimes and coffee times
- Clean PPE daily with a disinfectant wipe or spray. Clean Face Shields after each use, with disinfectant wipes. Wipe down hand tools often.
- Reduce the amount of partner work as much as possible.
- Regular cleaning of all high touch surfaces
- Custom Electric provides regular updates to employees as public health guidelines and requirements are updated
Custom Electric is committed to ensuring safe, reliable services to our customers while minimizing hardship to our employees and service providers wherever possible. For more information about our COVID-19 response, please contact our Corporate Safety office at 403-291-3303.